Thursday, September 8, 2011

triple tangent thursday

1.  My birthday is in just 17 days!  I am super excited to spend it with  friends and family, as the band has a gig the night before on the 24th. I plan on guilting everyone I know who hasn't come to a gig yet into coming to this one.  I don't care how the long the drive is for you :) We can all just drink and laugh and have a good time celebrating.  The added bonus being that the more everyone else drinks, the better the band sounds! Friends in the area, consider this your first of many invitations to this gig. Get whatever baby/dog/etc sitter that you need, drive out to Vintage 51 on Saturday September 24th, have a great dinner, drink some beers, and enjoy the music. You won't be sorry!

2. I had a great rainy run last night with Anne on the W&OD trail.  Nothing fancy, just a quick 5 miler.  But by the end of it I felt like I was lightly gliding across the ground. The pace was good, I could have gone faster and kept going longer.  Had it not been for the rain and the impending darkness, I would have tacked on another two miles.  Dear Arlington County, the lamp posts on your trails are not meant to be decorative. For my safety and the safety of others, please make sure they actually work. Kthanksbye.

3. I have two concerts coming up in the DC area that I have an extra ticket for and I'd really love to find someone to go with me.  I can sell them on craigslist but I'd rather not sit next to a stranger all night, ya know?  Please let me know if you or someone else is interested in seeing Tori Amos at DAR on December 5th or the Foo Fighters at the Verizon Center on November 11th.  I can't give the tickets away since they weren't cheap but if you can't pay me face value I'll cut you a deal.  Let me know please!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend! I'm sure I'm going to see your slim backside running away from me on Saturday! Too bad the 9/11 race is sold out, or we could've done a 2fer.

    ReplyDelete