Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A social runner

There are only 5 more days until MCM. Holy crap. I'm honestly feeling a little bit numb about it right now.  A bit burnt out from taking on so much at the same time. Part of me just wants it to be over already and the other part is hoping that I'm not too tired to enjoy the whole experience. I need to let my time goal go. I need to stop worrying about the pain in my leg. I need to stop fretting about whether I really did give 100% to my training these past 22 weeks. Those are all things over which I have no control.  What I can do is stretch, eat well, hydrate, and rest. I can control those conditions and they are key to my performance too. In the next few days I'll be preparing my bag for race day, and I would really appreciate hearing from the marathoners out there what I need to remember to bring with me. At this point, I'm clueless. The weather looks like it is going to be fairly chilly but at least they aren't calling for rain. Huzzah. 
 
In my taper-induced delirium I might have just applied to do the following. There isn't an option for you guys to vote on the winner, alas. Otherwise this would be the place where I beg and plead for your votes and spam your blogs with desperation. I just wanted to share what seemed like a cool idea and maybe hear in the comments why you think I would be a good choice to be one of the two Social Runners selected.  I did have to include a link to my blog with the entry form, so it stands to reason that they will be stopping by to check me out. Leave me some love, please please please!


Are You a Social Runner? Apply Today!
The Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run is looking for two runners from anywhere in the United States to be our first “Credit Union Cherry Blossom Social Runners.” These individuals will be telling the world all about their experiences with the race on Facebook and Twitter. Interested? A link to the application form appears below. The selected participants will be announced at the Fall Kickoff at the Westin DC City Center Hotel, in Washington, DC November 18 at 7:00 P.M.
 
What our selected runners get (for free):
  • Outfitted head to toe with free New Balance running gear
  • Free entry into the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run (no waiting for the lottery)
  • Free enrollment in Potomac River Running Training Program or Virtual Training Program
  • Free race upgrade t-shirt
  • Free Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run finisher’s medal
  • Free Room at the Westin DC City Center Hotel race weekend for Friday and Saturday nights
Our two selected “Social Runners” must agree to the following:
  • Participate in the November Fall Kickoff (method of participation depends on your location)
  • Make a contribution in an amount of your choosing to Children’s Miracle Network
  • Agree to participate in either the Virtual Training or In-Person PRR Training (fee waived)
  • Attend Children’s Miracle Network/Children’s National Medical Center press conference on Friday of race weekend
  • Appear at the Health and Fitness Expo
  • Attend Saturday Night Sponsor-VIP-Elite Athlete Dinner
  • Run the Race
  • And, most importantly Tweet, Blog and Facebook with abandon your experiences in the months leading up to the race.

4 comments:

  1. <3

    can't wait to cheer you on this weekend! you got this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! You would make a great social runner, and I love the idea of races doing this. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I'll let you know where I will be on the course. I will be looking for you and cheering hard. You want it to be cold. Still plan on shorts and a tee. You can wear layers to start, but cold is the way to go when you're out there for that long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to be a great marathoner! I can see you sporting the ever popular garbage bag at the start to keep warm.

    You've done a great job blogging about your training for the MCM, so I think you'd continue doing a great job with the Social Runner blog.

    Can't wait to see you Saturday and Sunday!

    ReplyDelete