There are only 5 more days until MCM. Holy crap. I'm honestly feeling a little bit numb about it right now. A bit burnt out from taking on so much at the same time. Part of me just wants it to be over already and the other part is hoping that I'm not too tired to enjoy the whole experience. I need to let my time goal go. I need to stop worrying about the pain in my leg. I need to stop fretting about whether I really did give 100% to my training these past 22 weeks. Those are all things over which I have no control. What I can do is stretch, eat well, hydrate, and rest. I can control those conditions and they are key to my performance too. In the next few days I'll be preparing my bag for race day, and I would really appreciate hearing from the marathoners out there what I need to remember to bring with me. At this point, I'm clueless. The weather looks like it is going to be fairly chilly but at least they aren't calling for rain. Huzzah.
Are You a Social Runner? Apply Today!
The Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run is looking for two runners from anywhere in the United States to be our first “Credit Union Cherry Blossom Social Runners.” These individuals will be telling the world all about their experiences with the race on Facebook and Twitter. Interested? A link to the application form appears below. The selected participants will be announced at the Fall Kickoff at the Westin DC City Center Hotel, in Washington, DC November 18 at 7:00 P.M.
What our selected runners get (for free):
- Outfitted head to toe with free New Balance running gear
- Free entry into the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run (no waiting for the lottery)
- Free enrollment in Potomac River Running Training Program or Virtual Training Program
- Free race upgrade t-shirt
- Free Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run finisher’s medal
- Free Room at the Westin DC City Center Hotel race weekend for Friday and Saturday nights
Our two selected “Social Runners” must agree to the following:
- Participate in the November Fall Kickoff (method of participation depends on your location)
- Make a contribution in an amount of your choosing to Children’s Miracle Network
- Agree to participate in either the Virtual Training or In-Person PRR Training (fee waived)
- Attend Children’s Miracle Network/Children’s National Medical Center press conference on Friday of race weekend
- Appear at the Health and Fitness Expo
- Attend Saturday Night Sponsor-VIP-Elite Athlete Dinner
- Run the Race
- And, most importantly Tweet, Blog and Facebook with abandon your experiences in the months leading up to the race.