Monday, October 31, 2011

26.2 Ooh-rah!

I did it!  I am officially a marathoner.  In some ways, and this might be a sad statement on my own self-esteem, I finally feel like a real runner. Not that all those other races, from 5ks to 1/2s didn't matter. They did. But in comparison to my running friends and mentors, something was missing. Until now. I've conquered a marathon and it won't be my last.

A full report will come in a few days, I want to see what pictures I can score from family, friends, and the race website. For now, my facebook profile picture is my beautiful medal. I'm sitting at work right now, wearing both the medal and my new finisher's jacket.  The soreness really isn't that bad, I just feel more tired than anything else. If I hadn't just changed jobs I certainly would have taken today off to rest. Getting up to walk around and popping a fair amount of Aleve, along with rehydrating is my game plan for the day. Then early to bed!  I hope to get out and run again Saturday, I've got races in November and December to stay in shape for. No rest for the wicked!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!! What an amazing accomplishment and yes, you ARE a RUNNER!! I've heard great things about this race and want to do it myself next year. Congrats MARATHONER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, my friend! I always knew you had it in you! I'm so glad you finally realized it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You looked really strong out there. So happy to hear that you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Wahoo! What a great feeling and accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Now please to be posting your accomplishment on DM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wait! There it is! Good job anyway! Remember how you were done with running back in August, when you posted "I'm through with running!" I bet you're glad you kept it up.

    ReplyDelete