Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Distractive Post

While I jam my fingers in my ears and pretend that everything is fine, please find this attempt at self-distraction brought to you by my friends at Team Tough Chik.

This is referred to as Riddle Me This and the rules are as follows. For my beloved non-TTC readers, please feel free to join in on the fun, I want to hear your answers too.  
  1. One TC is selected on Sunday to post a question of the week to the Team FB page.  Shannon gets to pick the first TC.
  2. The selected TC has two (2) days to come up with the question.  By Tuesday morning at the latest.
  3. Everyone has until Saturday night to blog about it.  For those without a blog, just put your answer in the comments after the question is posted.
  4. Comment after the question on the Team FB page with a link to your blog so everyone can read your answer.
  5. You can pass the pick on to another TC if you are chosen and can’t come up with a question, but you must do this within two (2) days of being chosen.
  6. If there isn’t a response within the two (2) days, another TC will be selected, and that TC will have two (2) days to post their question.
  7. For the weeks when there is a delay in the question posting, answers and blogging will be extended out until the next Saturday.  (Or until TCs are tired of it and want to move on.)
  8. On Saturday, the TC from that week will select the TC for the next week.
  9. And the next question will be posted sometime between Sunday and Tuesday.

Despite our best efforts, we are not the perfect runner. We sleep in. We eat too much or too little. We under train. We over train. We eschew cross training. The list goes on.  What I want to know is: what running rule(s) are you guilty of breaking?

If I had to narrow it down to just one, I'd say my biggest runner faux pas is skipping the pre and/or post run stretch/foam roll.  I know how important it is. I know how well my runs go when I do it. I know how crappy I feel when I don't do it. But...I skip it 99% of the time anyways. I'm either sleeping an extra five minutes or watching an extra 5 minutes of tv. I fail to rationalize how better spent those five minutes could be. I just want my runs to be over and done with. I think some of that has to do with how I find running to be an obligation. It hasn't been fun in a while and when it isn't fun, it is harder to do the due diligence necessary to make it an even more enjoyable experience.

That, my friends, is my long-winded answer. I'm looking forward to hearing yours in comments and blog posts throughout the week. Now, back to my regularly scheduled breakdown.

3 comments:

  1. Im guilty of no stretching/rolling especially after an outdoor run. Usually if I'm at the gym I make sure it gets done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I EAT crap!!! yikes...such a junk food junkie and think run calories burned = junk food Mama can consume....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great question! I am trying to be really good about foam rolling...but I am pretty lazy about stretching post-run.

    ReplyDelete