Monday, April 2, 2012

Looking forward

I ran. I walked. I cried. I finished.

That sums up my experience at the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile yesterday. And I honestly don't want to expand upon it further.  My body and I are not speaking to each other right now and while some ART this morning helped, I'm not sure when I plan to run again. The track beckons me tomorrow morning, and with a half marathon just 5 weeks away I can't afford to be missing workouts. Classic impasse.

Having a series of painful runs in a row makes me nervous to put one foot in front of the other. Right now the advice I've been given involves ice and stretching. More ART on Saturday. No specific mention of rest. I wish I had more to say but I'm still in a bit of a funk, running and otherwise.

On a happier note, my sister and brother-in-law both ran Cherry Blossom as well and rocked it! They are also running the same half marathon in May. Even though we don't stick together on race courses, it is good to know that you've got family with you. I definitely think that it has brought us closer and I look forward to more races together.

A big thank you to my Tough Chik team for the words of understanding and encouragement in relation to my race experience. It helps to know I'm not the only one who has had a bad race and that it is possible to learn from it and bounce back even better. I hope to have a happier post for you soon. Keep your fingers crossed for me. 

Lastly, congrats to all all my CAR teammates for their great performances and PRs yesterday!




4 comments:

  1. :(

    sending you healing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I'm sorry. I would probably be just as frustrated as you. I hope the ART works. I am a firm believer in RICE! It works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear running has been painful recently. I hope ART helps your body get back on track.

    Any chance the half you're running is Frederick?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no.... sometimes you need a bad race in order to appreciate the good ones. I hope the half marathon will be the good one :)

    ReplyDelete