Friday, April 20, 2012

Random Friday Facts

1. I have to run 12 miles tomorrow and...I'm nervous. The last two 10 milers haven't gone so smoothly so I'm not exactly looking forward to adding on two more.

2. I reduced my work schedule from 5 days a week to 4 and the change has made a big difference in my quality of life. Too bad the quality of my paycheck suffers.

3. Financial aid is a pain in the butt in the best of times. In the worst of times they charge your credit card twice for a deposit and then send you letters saying you aren't accepted into a program and therefore your application is invalid.

4. GOTR coaching hasn't been what I had hoped.

5. I've been averaging 10 hrs of sleep a night lately and it still isn't enough. Sensing a problem...

6. I now take more pills than...well...a lot of people. I hope they start doing something soon.

7. My Friday night is going to involve a washing a load of dirty running clothes and going to bed before nine o'clock. I know, I need to calm down.

8. Have I mentioned that I heart ART? Because I do. It works, people.

9. Cutting down to one cup of coffee per day has been brutal.

10. I just got my vacation time for August approved. Bahamas here I come!

11. Yes, you are welcome to come with me!

12.  I'm thinking of moving when my lease is up in August.

13. I need more close friends. Living in VA has been a pretty lonely experience.

14. I've had Indian food three times this week. It is just too good.

15. I'm trying to be more honest and open with people while building a solid wall to keep myself safe. It is exactly as complicated as it sounds.

16. My goal race for a half PR is no longer June. I'm really bummed, but I just haven't logged the miles and I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

17. Running and I tread lightly around each other these days, but I think we're moving towards a more positive relationship. It will just take more time than I anticipated.

18. Life coaches rock. Everyone should have one.

19. I don't post nearly enough pictures on here. I never carry a camera on my runs, phone or otherwise, and I think posting what you eat can be a little weird. Although, if you want cat pictures...

20.  Never underestimate the loving capacity of your mom. Ever.

2 comments:

  1. You rock, girl! And cat pictures are always cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry GOTR is not like you thought. I never coached but I was a running buddy and always wanted to be a coach. Sounds like a great program.

    ReplyDelete