Friday, April 27, 2012

Random Friday...ahforgetaboutit

Sorry kids, my brain does not currently have the capacity to come up with random facts. This week feels like it has gone on forever and I don't even work a full 5 days anymore. I blame the anticipation of a potentially unpleasant experience for why the week has dragged. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced time-slowing during periods of dread or anxiety. What is that about?  All we ever want is for it to be over with as soon as possible, not this drawn-out gut-wrenching anxiety-filled waiting period. Rude.

At any rate, I survived said experience and the sun rose this morning. Life goes on. I've got 10 miles planned for tomorrow and I'm almost excited. Not so much for the running part but because I'm meeting a new running friend! We're both on the same team and she responded enthusiastically to my Facebook plea for company on Saturday. Sucker. I haven't decided on the route yet, but I'm leaning towards the Custis trail. Not so much because I want a hilly workout but because I know where I can refill my water bottles if I run out.

Sunday is supposed to be a 5k race day. I say supposed because my friend convinced me to sign up with her. She planned on running it two days after her return from a European vacation as a good kick in the butt.  What she didn't tell me was that there was a chance she'd extend her vacation by a few days and back out on me at the last minute. Had I known that was a possibility, I would have waited and risked paying the extra race-day registration fee. Now I'm either out the money or I run alone on tired legs. Neither sounds particularly appealing at the moment. I am going to pick up my packet tonight and try to grab hers at well.  Not so much because I'm that nice but because I'm clinging to the slim hope that someone will step in and run with me.

On a lighter note, it looks like all the big logistical details are coming together for my week in the Bahamas. I am excited but nervous. I always get nervous before I travel, especially if I'm going with other people. I feel somewhat responsible for their good time. It is my vacation, at the end of the day, and I want to make the most of it. But I want my company to be glad they came too. Now I just need to find the money to pay for everything I charged on my credit card. And it wouldn't hurt if August got here sooner rather than later. I might just start a daily countdown in my planner. I'm that desperate for something good to happen in my life. And I know I'll be two months into marathon training at that point, aka ready to run away and never come back.

If you're racing this weekend, best of luck!  Can you relate at all to any of the above? It is nice to hear now and again that I'm slightly less crazy than I thought.  Sending you all warm beachy thoughts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment