Sunday, December 25, 2011

A very merry blog-mas!

Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope Santa was generous with you all!  I have a fair bit of info to post this Christmas evening, so let's get right down to it.  First off, I participated in Vitamin F's Virtual 5k this afternoon at the gym.  The final result was 26:44.  That is about 2 minutes slower than my Thanksgiving PR but I'm okay with that. I didn't feel like stretching or warming up, in addition to fueling earlier in the day with champagne and cinnamon rolls.

I ran the 5k in my new RunLove Compression Socks from Runningskirts.  I'd post a picture of me wearing them but my calves stretched the hearts out to kidney beans, ha!
I was a little skeptical about them because they were one size fits all, but they were perfectly snug. I'm still wearing them now, as I putter around the house. I also wore them yesterday at the Redskins game and they kept my legs toasty warm! Definitely 2 thumbs up!

Last week I finally tried out the Handful Bra that I won in Kayla's giveaway.  I've been wanting one for a while, and they seem to be the hottest running item in the blogosphere this year. I'm so happy that I was able to win one, as I am pretty pleased with it. I ran it in twice and as far as function goes it was great.  No chafing, no rubbing, no movement while I was running.  If you know me you know that my twins are small so I wasn't sure how much a sports bra could really accent them. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not a big fan of padding but it did its job, no uni-boob here. The only downside, and this was probably an isolated incident, is that the lining that holds the padding in place ripped at the seam. I don't know if it arrived that way or if it happened during the two times I wore it, but that was a bummer.

Last but not least, I opened my blogger secret Santa gift this morning from none other than the famous Rachelle Wardle of Runnning For Trevor. I don't think I need to tell you what a warm, kind, inspiring runner and writer she is. If you aren't following her already, stop reading this and go read her blog instead.  Fuel and Activebands make this girl very happy!  I'm so excited to try it all out, and if I'd been thinking clearly post-nap this afternoon I would have tried out the bands at the gym during the 5k. Oops. Thank you, Rachelle!!!!

 
That about wraps things up on my end. I ate, drank, napped, and ran. All in all a pretty good Christmas day.  I have the champagne from this morning to polish off and I think it will be the perfect complement to my homemade pizza for dinner. Basil pesto, onions, baby bella mushrooms, mozzerella, parmesan, goat cheese, and oregano on Trader Joe's readymade pizza dough. YUM. Hope you had an amazing day!

2 comments:

  1. That pizza sounds fantastic! Sounds like you had a very relaxing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Xmas! Congrats on the 5k & the win! :)

    ReplyDelete