Monday, May 9, 2011

Rest day

Rest days, or as I think of them, "justkeepeatingalldamndayyoulittlepiggy."  The runners appetite is definitely a double-edged sword.  I'll spare you an explanation of its highs and lows, I am sure you are just as aware of them.  Suffice to say I feel like I'm still trying to lose the pounds I put on when I was injured.  My appetite was let off the chain and free to meet up with its favorite dining companions Depression and Anxiety.   Those two little tricksters have been darkening my doorway as the 1/2 has been drawing near, so I'm trying to keep things simple this week; maybe head them off.  Eat smart. Hydrate. Medicate. Rest.   Those are the most basic things I need to do in any given week and the first things I check when I'm not doing well.  No reason to divert from that, as much as I am willing to try anything to get my mind and body ready for Sunday.  I'll keep it short tonight, as the only thing I really have to talk about are my pre-race jitters.   Currently watching season 3 of How I Met Your Mother while eating dinner, and hopefully reading before bed.  Jen loaned me another running book today and I might have to put down Portia de Rossi's "Unbearable Lightness" in hopes of finding more inspiration.  I leave you with a picture of my tasty pizza bagel dinner.  Gnight, kittens!

No comments:

Post a Comment