Thursday, July 28, 2011

3TT

1. "Do the same things you have always done and get the same things you have always gotten."  With that in mind, I will be joining a workout tonight with CAR, something totally out of my comfort zone, in hopes of giving my running the shot in the arm it so desperately needs. Never mind the voices reminding me how slow I am and how I'll end up running the whole work out alone and I'll embarrass myself in front of runners that I look up to in the blogosphere.  I need to let that go, as best I can.  It isn't helping anyone. Up, and over.

2. Laundry.  Right now, it is like being in college again.  Since I now need quarters to do laundry, which I never have, it piles up.  A lot.  Once I finally do get quarters, I can only do about 3 loads before I'm out again.  Leaving 5 more loads judging me on the floor.  I don't actually mind the process of doing laundry, on the contrary I actually enjoy it.  While things wash or dry I block out that time to be productive somewhere else, like going for a short run or washing the endless pile of dirty dishes in the kitchen, so laundry real is a double whammy in terms of getting things done. The new problem with laundry is the putting away of the clean clothes.  By the time things are folded and ready, it is usually bedtime.  So I put the clean folded laundry on the floor next to the angry unwashed piles.  I swear during the night they intentionally intermingle. And then there's so many clothes on my floor that I can't get to the closet or dresser to put them away so...GAH. Laundry. I'm just sayin.

3. I love going to concerts and shows.  I hate buying tickets.  It isn't even just TicketBastard anymore, all these indie ticket companies are charging seven different kinds of fees on top of the ticket price.  A $25 show is suddenly $34.  What the hell? It really discourages me from going out and checking out new bands, or even going to bands I know and love.  I'm not made of money, yo. And I know those fees don't go towards the artist I'm trying to see, or even the venue I'm seeing the show at.  Service fee, processing fee, box office fee, your mom fee, etc.  I've had it!

Do you have a household chore that you either avoid like the plague or just cannot seem to keep up with? Are you sad that I am going to see Mickey Mouse without you?  Tell me one thing you'd want me to do/see/go at Disney on your behalf and I'll take a picture of myself doing it, just for you. Except the Small World Ride. I don't love you all that much.

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think any of the bloggers will be there. Well, maybe Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I absolutely HATE folding laundry. I don't mind doing laundry but I can't stand to fold it. I will literally let it pile up (clean) until my bf comes to fold it all. ha!

    ReplyDelete