Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Triple Tangent Tuesday

1. I hit up the running store on my way home last night and got a nice little bag of goodies.  Mostly gels, but a few new flavors/kinds to try including Gu Roctane.  I also picked up some Nuun to try as well since it seems to be all the rage these days.  Lastly, a pair of Balega socks.  I cringe at spending $10 for one pair of socks but I've been told it will be worth it. Look for reviews of all these goodies after I give them a spin during my long run Saturday.
2. I leave for Florida on Saturday afternoon and I'm so excited!  Say what you will about Disney World but I love it.  I think I love it more now as an adult. There are more rides you can check out, amazing restaurants to eat at, etc. I just made an appointment at a spa at the Swan and Dolphin hotel for a mani-pedi, something else you don't enjoy as a kid. I'm meeting my whole family down there, and some close family friends as well. I'll only be there through Tuesday but I'll get 3 full days there and it might be just the break I need. The hotel we are staying at has a 1.4 mile jogging rail around it and I'll be bringing my gear to make use of it at least once. I think I'm so manic about the trip right now because the travel agent overnighted my paperwork to me and it just came to my office. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
3. I'm planning on running home from work tonight for the first time in a long time.  I need to make my weekly runs longer and since getting up early fails every time, my only option is to do this.  It looks to be about 6.5 miles from the office to where I parked my car this morning. I really want to make this a weekly thing but I need the weather to cooperate.  It is supposed to be 93 and I am not amused.  The route is not shady at all so I'll just have to deal. I have everything I need to get home: camelbak, body glide, a gel, a Garmin, and my keys.  Am I forgetting anything?
What is on your mind today? Any good workouts planned? Exciting weekend plans yet?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck running home from work, and what a fun bunch of goodies you picked up! Yay for a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea to run home from work! I think you'll love your new running socks--it's a lot for socks but it's worth it. I love nuun when it's so hot like it has been, it's really thirst quenching.

    ReplyDelete