A big thank you to Rachelle over at Running For Trevor who tagged me and a few other lovely bloggers for this award!
In return for her kindness I'll be blogging 7 random things about me and then paying it forward by tagging some of my favorite bloggers! If you aren't following these chicas already, what are you waiting for???
Now for 7 random things about me.
1. I blame this completely on Dexter, but I cannot watch a man shave his face. Not in movies, not in a tv commercial, not in real life. It just freaks me out! I can't stop thinking that at any moment they will cut their face. I don't get squeamish about blood and guts (seen all the Saw movies) but for some reason face shaving just kills me. And it is totally Dexter's fault.
2. When I was younger I did gymnastics for 10 years. And in high school I was co-captain of the cheerleading squad for a season. Yeah, I know. While I can't do a back handspring now to save my life, I still retain a good bit of the flexibility which comes in handy as us runners tend to be a very tight lot. Regular yoga to maintain that doesn't hurt either.
3. If you know me at all in real life, I have the worst potty mouth. I've tried to rein it in but it never lasts. I'd like to think I keep the swearing to a minimum on here but I know the F bomb has slipped out a time or two. My co-workers can attest to the frequent usage of that and other priceless inappropriate exclamations that echo from my cubicle on a daily basis. Yes, my office is pretty darn laid back else I wouldn't be so lax with my language.
4. My dad has had the same job since college, working for the Social Security Administration. 30 plus years and counting. If that doesn't scream commitment and dedication, nothing does. And he still enjoys it. I get bored in my jobs after about a year. I'm so proud of his work ethic and I hope that once I find the right career that some of that awesomeness will rub off on me.
5. My eyes water at the weirdest times. A friend of mine said she found it really endearing but I find it kind of annoying/embarrassing. Not just when I'm upset, but if I'm experiencing a heightened emotion of any kind. Just this week I finally got around to watching the most recent season finale of Mad Men and when I tried to talk about it with my co-coworker I was so keyed up that I got super teary and had to keep wiping my eyes. I have no idea why it happens but it does. In fact, just recalling this incident at my desk is causing them to tear up again! WTH?
6. I used to be ambidextrous, or as much as a 6 year old can be. Seriously, I could do everything with both hands. Writing, cutting with scissors, you name it. It was really cool. Cool, until my kindergarten teacher forced me to choose a hand. God knows why. I think it would be awesome today if I could do everything with both hands, especially since we live in a right-handed world and I settled on using my left. Lefties rule, by the way.
7. I have an online shopping "problem." I might have mentioned that during last week's random Friday facts. Between having a few store credit cards (The Limited!!) and a strong belief in the healing power of retail therapy, I tend to blow money I don't have. There are still shopping boxes and bags at my desk from recent purchases. I tend to have everything shipped to my office because they don't care, I'm never home to sign for something from FedEx/UPS, and getting presents during the workday is awesome. This week it was a bathing suit from VS and a running tank from WhoohaGear, the latter I plan on doing a product review for soon. Hmm......I get paid tomorrow......hmm...
Okay, enough about me! All that I ask of my fellow award winners is that you post about it on your blog, give us all 7 random things we didn't know about you, and then pay it forward to 7 of your favorite bloggers. A little love goes a long way!