Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Triple Tangent Tuesday

These won't be necessarily be tangents since I won't be speaking on them ad nauseam. More like crap taking up space in my head right now.

1. Quite frankly, I need to cut the shit and get back on track. Not just with training, which I have severely slacked on in the last week.  Not the best time considering MCM is 8 weeks away. Case in point, blowing off this morning's track workout. In general I've spent the last week, up through last night and into this morning, indulging in some serious character flaws. And it needs to stop. It isn't good for me and for the people that care about me so it is time for some self imposed tough love. Get it together, girl. And do it fast.

2. Fall semester starts this week and my first class is Thursday night.  It won't be nearly as intense as summer semester was, but I won't say I'm going into this without reservation. I will have the same professor as I did before, which is a bonus. I know his teaching style and how he grades.  Now I just need to tackle the material itself.  And honestly, I could care less about APA style but it is going to be a crucial part of this class so I need to suck it up and learn to use it properly.

3. Despite all the upheaval of the past year, the fall and September in particular is my favorite time.  My birthday is coming up, my parents are going to be in town for my gig that month, baseball and football are on television, I'm running my first trail half-marathon (with my big sis!), school is starting, and temperatures in general become so much more manageable. I start to think about Halloween and all the other great things that come in the months that follow. The smells in the air, the comfortable clothes, the appearance of pumpkin-flavored delights in all the coffee shops. It is really important to my sanity these days that I take a minute to remember these little things that make me smile and give me something to look forward to.

What do you do to get yourself out of a bad state? What is your favorite season and why? Is knowing APA style professionally valid yet ultimately annoying?

2 comments:

  1. I typically just find a friend who will force me to do something. That always helps. My favorite season is Fall. I LOVE fall. The trees, the cooler weather, Halloween!.

    Have a great week!

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate APA, it's stupid. Seeing my other friends (and little sis) getting their butts out the door and running helps me to keep going despite the fact that my speed has run off without me and I can't seem to find it.

    Fall is a great season! Love all the decorations I can buy and the ones Mama Nature puts up. I can't wait to start decorating. I'm trying to wait until it is no longer August to start.

    ReplyDelete